LSIS Technology Conference

On the 5th of February I attended the LSIS technology conference in Birmingham. Loughborough College was due to hold a workshop on how they have used iPads to support teaching and learning titled “Big bikes, Cars and Tablets – Using iPads in Motor Vehicle Studies”. Mark Hucker was the lead speaker for the presentation, and he had asked me to come along to the conference to support him. My role was to help answer technical questions and to explain what my role within the project has been.

I had not been to an LSIS conference before and was surprised at how many sessions had been fitted into the day. There were a wide range of sessions/workshops, that demonstrated a range of low cost, high impact practical applications of current technology to drive improvement – from Birmingham Met showing their “learning space of the future” to a company explaining how they have created online ‘bite-size’ courses to improve entrepreneurial skills.

The day proved to be a tiring but useful insight into what other colleges/companies are doing with technology to improve teaching and learning.

Back to Top