A huge congratulations to all of our students on this years A level results!
Loughborough College is celebrating its best ever A level results with a pass rate of 99%.
A staggering 13 subjects saw 100% of students pass and 37% of students overall achieved grades A*- B, continuing an upward trend at the College.
– English Language achieved 100% pass rates for the fifth year running
– Economics also achieved 100% pass rates for the fifth year with 83% of students scoring A*-C
– Double award Business Studies not only saw 100% of students pass for the fifth year in a row but also recorded their highest marks yet with top grades leaping 20% from last year to see 100% of students achieve grades A*-C – and two thirds of students score A*-B.
– It was four years in a row at 100% pass rate for Art and Design with three quarters of students achieving 75% – a 38% increase from last year
– Every Maths and Physics student passed the subjects for the third year running with Physics marks overall up 10% on last year
– Sociology, Psychology and Law saw numbers rise from last summer with more than eight out of every ten Sociology students reaching A*-B grades, two thirds of Psychology students and six out of every ten Law students achieving the top three grades while Art and Design and Photography also saw a boost in grades.
Yiannis Koursis, Vice Principal at Loughborough College said: “Today marks the best ever A-level results for Loughborough College. The 99% pass rate reflects the exceptional capabilities and performance of our students and the dedication of our Teaching and Support Staff who provide the skills students need to help them achieve their ambitions in College – and to be just as successful in the next stage of their lives.”
Well done for all of your hard work and commitment throughout your time here at Loughborough College, I hope you all go on to great things!