Cookies on
Loughborough College
Website
This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies provide you with enhanced functionality and others help us to improve our service by giving us information about how the site is being used. If you continue you will receive all cookies on the Loughborough College website, to select which cookies to receive click settings.

Latest News

• WE HAVE A NEW WEBSITE
  • COLLEGE TO FOLLOW UP RECORD-BREAKING HEALTH FAIR
    ORGANISER Nicola Wells today revealed Loughborough College will be holding follow-up events in 2013 following yesterday’s record-breaking third annual Health and Wellbeing Fair.
  • COLLEGE STUDENTS LEARN ABOUT VALUE OF DISCIPLINE
    LOUGHBOROUGH COLLEGE engineering lecturer Stuart Carroll, took time out to talk to Motor Vehicle students about his passion for taking part in Mixed Martial Arts, through his involvement with the Leicester Shootfighters team.
  • SO MUCH TO LEARN AT LOUGHBOROUGH COLLEGE HEALTH FAIR
    LONDON 2012 bronze medallist Nicola White opened today’s third annual Health and Wellbeing Fair at Loughborough College - then went in search of some tips of her own.

• News Archive

COLLEGE ACE NICOLA WHITE JOINS LEICESTER FOR NEW SEASON

September 12th, 2012

OLYMPIC MEDALLIST Nicola White has a new team as well as a new home to look forward to as she tackles ‘the limbo period’ after the excitement of London 2012.

The 24-year-old Loughborough College student , who fulfilled her Olympic dream by being part of the bronze medal winning Team GB women’s hockey side, collected the keys to her room at the College’s new £1m Elite Athlete Performance Centre today and looked forward to a new start on the field with Leicester.

She said: “It does feel like a limbo period after London 2012 and, no, I didn’t want it to ever end. I was always going to come back to Loughborough College to complete the final year of my degree and I’ve now got a new role as a mentor in the house.

“Like all the other Team GB players, I’m taking as long as I feel right off the field before tackling the new season. It’ll probably before a few weeks yet before I play although the league season starts this weekend.  I’m delighted to have joined Leicester who were second in the Premier Division last season and have a team packed with GB players including Chloe Rogers, Hannah McCleod, Anne Panter and Crista Cullen along with some leading juniors.

“One reason for the move is also geographical. I don’t want to travel too much this year before joining up with the international squad again in April. We have World Cup qualifiers in June but just now Rio seems too far away to really take on board.”

Tags: , , , ,